Home > Geeky stuff > Frontpage Extensions are Retarded

Frontpage Extensions are Retarded

The conversion from below post didn’t go as smoothly as planned.  After the new server was online no one could modify their Frontpage sites.  None of the roles or user permissions were showing in the Frontpage Administration site.  I did a recalculate on the web but that didn’t fix anything.  So I just switched back to the old VM server.

I did some research and found this document.  The files that have all the permissions in them are kept in c:\Documents and setting\All Users\…..!  Who designed that?  You would think that would be a common thing on google when you search backup frontpage, but I had to dig to find that.  I wasn’t even backing up that directory but I sure am now.  After restoring that directory then everything was  working as usual.

So the lessoned learned here is Microsoft programmers smoke the crack and always test your disaster recovery plan.  Especially now that VMware server is free there is no excuse not to test it.  Your family will thank you later when they aren’t starving and sleeping on the street because you were fired.

Advertisements
Categories: Geeky stuff
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: